My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: Hi- I was driving in the right lane of a four lane (two lanes each direction, divided) highway, and in general, if only to prevent stress of worrying about being pulled over, I drive slightly (2-5mph) below the speed limit. (I also do this to save fuel, and to drive more safely.)
There was a police car with emergency lights flashing, ahead to my right, in the breakdown lane. I could not switch to the left lane, because it was occupied, with cars that were driving faster (at or above the speed limit) and I was already going enough under the speed limit that most cars were passing me to my left.
So I got pulled over for not cutting down on speed as I was passing an emergency vehicle, but in fact I was already driving slower than the speed limit. No radar was used, no speed indicated on the summons. I guess on court day it will be just my word against theirs, and I presume it's just a matter of their personal judgement- as law enforcement officers? Any advice would be appreciated.
There was a police car with emergency lights flashing, ahead to my right, in the breakdown lane. I could not switch to the left lane, because it was occupied, with cars that were driving faster (at or above the speed limit) and I was already going enough under the speed limit that most cars were passing me to my left.
So I got pulled over for not cutting down on speed as I was passing an emergency vehicle, but in fact I was already driving slower than the speed limit. No radar was used, no speed indicated on the summons. I guess on court day it will be just my word against theirs, and I presume it's just a matter of their personal judgement- as law enforcement officers? Any advice would be appreciated.
Speeding Tickets: Conditions Requiring Reduced Speed in Rhode Island
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire