My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: California. I rented a storage unit in the City of Orange, California called, "Palmyra Mini Storage" at: 512 W Palmyra, Orange, CA 92868, in early July of this year 2016. The rent is:$454 a month, which I have paid every month since I've been here. The gate hours are from 7 AM to 7 PM, 7 days a week. I asked and was informed by the Manager, "Cal", before I moved in if there was any problem with me being here during the open gate hours. He said, "No." I asked him if the unit included electricity, he said, "Yes." He even said he would extend my gate hours until 9 PM after I was here 2 months. Then he moved away without fulfilling his promise to extend my gate hours. A new manager took over. Last Monday evening, when I tried to start my van at 7 PM to leave, the battery unexpectedly was dead. I went to the office to tell the manager, she wasn't there. I left the facility on foot to look for a new battery. the manager apparently returned before I walked back at 8:30, saw my van, knocked on my storage unit door and accused me of being rude and inconsiderate for ignoring her AND I WASN'T EVEN THERE! When I came back at 8:30, I again went by her office to explain and she was not there. No one was around to give me a jump and I was stuck here all night. At 7 in the morning, the Manager was there, drove up to my unit and accused me of spending the night. I explained the situation to her, asked her for a jump and she refused. I finally got a jump from a street sweeper at 9 AM and immediately left and had to buy a new battery for $110 for my van. I came back to show the manager the receipt and the results of a test they did proving my old battery was failing. She told me she could care less and a few hours later came to me with a copy of the contract I signed, in order to point out that I agreed to leave the facility by 7 PM. She said this was just a warning, nothing more, but don't let it happen again or you could be evicted. I apologized profusely for any inconveniences I may have caused her and indicated that I fully understood and respected her concern and that I highly doubted there would be any further unfortunate incidences where I was concerned. We shook hands and she said we were good. A few days later she sends me an eviction notice that I have to be out by October 31. There's no possible way I can manage that. I can and will be able to manage that in December, when the Fall Semester ends at Orange Coast College, but no way until then. What can I do?
Eviction Notices: Tenant Rights for Storage Units
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire