My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: NJ
This isn't a traffic ticket infact this is the complete opposite. Although I am going to pay this individual I was wondering what cards I have at play. I recently got into an accident in which it was my fault. The person I hit was nice and we decided to keep insurance and cops out. I agreed to pay her once we got an estimate and to help fix it. We found out it was a $400 job to pay for the fender, she wanted 550 at first but agreed on 400$. Since no pictures, no information, nothing was exchanged am I legally responsible to pay for her damages? Can she go to the police and say I did it even without proof? What could happen if I never paid this person on Friday like i agreed? Can txts be proof? The owner doesnt even know my name, what If i changed my phone number? What is the worst that could happen? Please provide legal information as I am going to pay the person Friday but just wonder what I am currently legally obligated to do since nothing was even set except word of mouth.
This isn't a traffic ticket infact this is the complete opposite. Although I am going to pay this individual I was wondering what cards I have at play. I recently got into an accident in which it was my fault. The person I hit was nice and we decided to keep insurance and cops out. I agreed to pay her once we got an estimate and to help fix it. We found out it was a $400 job to pay for the fender, she wanted 550 at first but agreed on 400$. Since no pictures, no information, nothing was exchanged am I legally responsible to pay for her damages? Can she go to the police and say I did it even without proof? What could happen if I never paid this person on Friday like i agreed? Can txts be proof? The owner doesnt even know my name, what If i changed my phone number? What is the worst that could happen? Please provide legal information as I am going to pay the person Friday but just wonder what I am currently legally obligated to do since nothing was even set except word of mouth.
Determination of Fault: How Can Somebody Prove You Caused an Accident With No Police Report
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire