mercredi 2 mars 2016

Arrest Warrants: Entering the United States With Multiple Criminal Warrants

My question involves criminal law for the state of: Ohio

Hello, 7 years ago I was charged with a Felony 5 "Drug Abuse" charge as well as a misdemeanor "attempted theft" and a misdemeanor "possession of drug abuse instruments" in the state of Ohio. I have bench warrants out on these charges but I live many states away now. I may have a bench warrant in California, a neighboring state to my current residence, on a misdemeanor/low level felony charge for theft from a supermarket. I haven't had anything new on my record in the last 7 years and I am a college student almost finished with BS in math & physics. I was accepted for an internship position in Switzerland and need to get a passport and find out if I will be able to fly there and back.

I have been stopped by the police and had one warrant come up (I'm assuming from the NCIC database.). The state did NOT want to extradite and the police let me go without arrest. My question is, if neither of the states are interested in extraditing for these low-level warrants, then will I be able to pass through the border without being arrested and held? I can't possibly return to Ohio until I get my PhD or else the interruption to my education would prove fatal to my career goals.


Arrest Warrants: Entering the United States With Multiple Criminal Warrants

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire