mercredi 2 mars 2016

Contracts and Agreements: Contracts Between LLCs and Their Members

I have kind of a different question, I don't think it's an issue, but I don't claim to be a legal expert so I wanted to run it by somebody more knowledgeable.

A friend and I run a consulting business. We are registered as an LLC in our home state. Recently we have started working with a client and this client wants to pursue a more long term relationship with our company being an independent contractor. The client has provided us with some contracts to sign, one in particular regarding non disclosure and intellectual property. We modified the contract to be between our LLC and the client (company also) as the contract was originally worded between an individual independent contractor and our company.

The client has requested that we also execute a very similar contract but between the members of our LLC and our LLC itself, and provide him a copy of this contract basically to show that any work we do for our company is part or property of our LLC.

To me this contract kind of seems legally ineffective, but rather more a sign of good faith or professionalism. I just want to be sure that there are no obvious legal ramifications that I am missing or if we are at risk of somehow "piercing the corporate veil" forfeiting the protection our company provides. We plan to act ethically and keep the client's secrets but I just want to be sure that what we are making a wise decision. Thanks.


Contracts and Agreements: Contracts Between LLCs and Their Members

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire