My question involves insurance law for the state of: Georgia
Hi there,
My situation is unusual, so I'll try to be brief. I loaned my vehicle to a friend in another city for an extended period of time.
My friend was the contributing factor in an accident. The car insurance was current at the time of the accident.
This situation becomes complex because in November of last year, I had loaned this vehicle to another friend who was also
involved in an accident. The vehicle was not driven after the accident while I sorted out repair estimates, etc.
In the midst of dealing with the accident, I let the insurance lapse for 14 days. After that short period, the vehicle has been insured
continuously until I cancelled the registration a few days ago.
Moving back up to the time of the accident, I was then informed that my car registration was suspended. My friend has a
court date coming up, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to assist her in court. Is it true that the State of Georgia
has to inform you by certified letter, or some other secure means, of a suspended vehicle registration? I never received a notification
of that sort. What can I do to help my friend in court?
Hi there,
My situation is unusual, so I'll try to be brief. I loaned my vehicle to a friend in another city for an extended period of time.
My friend was the contributing factor in an accident. The car insurance was current at the time of the accident.
This situation becomes complex because in November of last year, I had loaned this vehicle to another friend who was also
involved in an accident. The vehicle was not driven after the accident while I sorted out repair estimates, etc.
In the midst of dealing with the accident, I let the insurance lapse for 14 days. After that short period, the vehicle has been insured
continuously until I cancelled the registration a few days ago.
Moving back up to the time of the accident, I was then informed that my car registration was suspended. My friend has a
court date coming up, and I'm trying to figure out the best way to assist her in court. Is it true that the State of Georgia
has to inform you by certified letter, or some other secure means, of a suspended vehicle registration? I never received a notification
of that sort. What can I do to help my friend in court?
Auto Insurance: Insured Vehicle with a Suspended Registration Involved in a Traffic Accident
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire