My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Texas
I'm a single father and non-custodial parent. Truth be told, I don't have the money to afford a lawyer, and am hoping members here would be willing to provide some basic advice for my situation.
My son's mother told me she's considering a few new job options, one of which would involve a move so far across the country, I'd no longer be able to afford to see my son. When we first separated about 2-3 years ago, I did not push for a geographical restriction because I never thought she'd intend to leave the state; all of her family is local. We made the divorce final May of last year, and stuck with the existing order with no changes. Once again, at the time I had no idea she'd ever consider moving out-of-state.
I'm now really regretting that decision, and would like to modify the order, but have no idea where to begin. Google searching for answers is only making me more confused, and the forms I've found don't seem like they're the right ones more my situation. This is the closest thing I've found;
http://ift.tt/1UgRFEV
But I don't think it's right. I'm not looking for the right to decide his place of residence, just to set up some boundaries on how far away she can take him. If anyone can help me understand what the first steps should be for this kind of thing, I'd be really grateful.
I'm a single father and non-custodial parent. Truth be told, I don't have the money to afford a lawyer, and am hoping members here would be willing to provide some basic advice for my situation.
My son's mother told me she's considering a few new job options, one of which would involve a move so far across the country, I'd no longer be able to afford to see my son. When we first separated about 2-3 years ago, I did not push for a geographical restriction because I never thought she'd intend to leave the state; all of her family is local. We made the divorce final May of last year, and stuck with the existing order with no changes. Once again, at the time I had no idea she'd ever consider moving out-of-state.
I'm now really regretting that decision, and would like to modify the order, but have no idea where to begin. Google searching for answers is only making me more confused, and the forms I've found don't seem like they're the right ones more my situation. This is the closest thing I've found;
http://ift.tt/1UgRFEV
But I don't think it's right. I'm not looking for the right to decide his place of residence, just to set up some boundaries on how far away she can take him. If anyone can help me understand what the first steps should be for this kind of thing, I'd be really grateful.
Custody and Visitation Issues: How to Add a Geographical Restriction
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire