mardi 4 septembre 2018

Am I in Contempt of the Court

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: OH

Hello everyone. I hope you are all doing well despite what you are going through. Life usually get back after it seem your world is crashing.

Here is my concern: I filed for divorce 4 years ago and due to everything going south that year, I had asked for our boys b with their dad while our girl remain with me. I was juggling three children by myself, military obligation, underpaying job, trying to complete my degree without any support from my ex. Reason..he wanted me to get frustrated, give up and return to him. I filed for divorce after a year or 2 we have been apart. He was awarded my boys custody because I had no support system and wanted to be fair to him as their father. Ever since he had them in his custody...he never let them visit or have them keep communication with their baby sister. All the years, I felt, when the time comes with support system, I will file to change the motion.

This summer, he drove our boys from Massachussets to somewhere in Ohio. He dropped them with a senior whom our children had come to love as their grandma. I found it and I drove over with their baby sister to go visit. But a friend told me rather than go visit them and leave their sister to spend summer with them. I should bring them to my home where they can see their mom in a different light my ex have been portraying me. My friend was right. I got to find out my ex is in deportation proceeding. Saw his email communication with his lawyers. He stated that he was charged 6 felonies which consisted of auto insurance fraud, fake medical records etc. He was arrested at the bmv last summer without my knowledge and left the boys with the same woman we call grandma(she is in her late 70s). When my son told me about his arrest last year. I asked why he was arrested. Of course he lied to the children that I caused it due to an accident I had 5 years ago while dropping the children off in school (another lie of his. what has my accident got to do with your legal status. I was issued a ticket for the minor accident and I paid in court the fines).

The boys have been with me for a month now and due to his deportation issue and his plan to leave the country. I was worried about my boys. I returned to court and filed Emergency custody change and modification of child custody. The emergency hearing is next week Monday, Sept 10th and the other hearing is Oct 6th, My question is...am Iin contempt of the court by not returning them to the woman? My ex is aware I picked them up. He was angry and all. I am thinking since the emergency hearing is near, I should wait and whatever happens on Monday. If I have to return them to him pending October hearing, I will. My ex live in Mass and I live in Ohio. I called few lawyers and they were charging me between $2000 and $5000 retainer fee to answer the question I asked above. I have filed the motions. I want to represent myself. I just want to know if am in contempt of the court for not returning them to him two days ago. Thanks

Thanks for your time and feedback.


Am I in Contempt of the Court

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire