mardi 4 septembre 2018

Contracts and Agreements: Mandated Rental of Company Owned Equipment, Rather Than Identical Ic Owned Equipment

My question involves independent contractors in the state of: Ohio

I’m an IC for a delivery company. It’s possible that I am misclassified, but that is not my concern in this thread. As an IC, I generally use my own equipment to perform the work, yet the company will not allow this with regard to the mobile scanner/device used to pickup and capture signatures on delivery. Instead they mandate that ICs use company owned devices and service for which they ICs are charged weekly. Neither the device nor software is proprietary; the software can be installed and successfully used on any android device with one’s own service provider, and the identical device is readily available for purchase if need be. It seems to me that a company shouldn’t be able to dictate that a contractor buy service and rent a device from them, which he could otherwise supply. Is this legal?

I know there has been a thread on this subject, but it seemed to diverge into the topic of misclassification, which is understandable, as this is excersizing a high degree of control over the work. But that thread is now closed.


Contracts and Agreements: Mandated Rental of Company Owned Equipment, Rather Than Identical Ic Owned Equipment

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire