My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Indiana.
I don't even know where to begin. There was an incident over a week ago at work where my coworker, the other shift lead came to work on my shift screaming at people, getting in ones face, poking his finger in his face. I tried to lodge a complaint with our supervisor, the plant manager. At first he avoided me, then he advised he is working on it. Meanwhile the other employee still harassing us. He snuck up behind me one night and he truly scared me. It was nothing he said, just the fact he snuck in on me. I've told the plant manager, and company owners.
The plant manager threatened to fire an employee for calling the police regarding the incident. Then a week later the owner tells us just call the police. All I asked for was reassurance we had non hostile work place. He wouldn't guarantee, only sent me our schedule hours.
So yesterday we filed criminal complaint, and got a temporary protective order until our hearing for it. Now I tell the company we can come in to our scheduled shifts tomorrow, and I'm informed those slots are filled, we can come in at 7-3:30 shift. That's forcing us to work different shift last minute and making us work with the respondent of the protective order. Now the judge did allow for reasonable working conditions.
Believe all the issues revolve around stealing a business idea for a system to help the company. We are an at will state- why didn't they just fire us if that's the case. Do we have recourse? Haven't been able to work for over a week now.
I don't even know where to begin. There was an incident over a week ago at work where my coworker, the other shift lead came to work on my shift screaming at people, getting in ones face, poking his finger in his face. I tried to lodge a complaint with our supervisor, the plant manager. At first he avoided me, then he advised he is working on it. Meanwhile the other employee still harassing us. He snuck up behind me one night and he truly scared me. It was nothing he said, just the fact he snuck in on me. I've told the plant manager, and company owners.
The plant manager threatened to fire an employee for calling the police regarding the incident. Then a week later the owner tells us just call the police. All I asked for was reassurance we had non hostile work place. He wouldn't guarantee, only sent me our schedule hours.
So yesterday we filed criminal complaint, and got a temporary protective order until our hearing for it. Now I tell the company we can come in to our scheduled shifts tomorrow, and I'm informed those slots are filled, we can come in at 7-3:30 shift. That's forcing us to work different shift last minute and making us work with the respondent of the protective order. Now the judge did allow for reasonable working conditions.
Believe all the issues revolve around stealing a business idea for a system to help the company. We are an at will state- why didn't they just fire us if that's the case. Do we have recourse? Haven't been able to work for over a week now.
Intimidation in Workplace
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire