mardi 14 août 2018

Defenses: Suing Me from Out of State for Canceliong Plans

My question involves court procedures for the state of: NC is where I live and the plaintiff lives in NJ.
I received a certified letter from someone intending to sue me over a trip she planned to my state. We were to stay at a hotel and split the cost. I was going to drive her to the airport. In preparation for the trip, I sent her safe hotels. She went and booked a non-refundable hotel in a dangerous area without asking me first. She didn't pick from our agreed upon list. I said I will not be splitting that with her as all of the hotels I sent allowed cancelations. The event we were to attend was also presented to me incorrectly and it was a religious cult type event.
I canceled about 4 days before the event because that's when I found out the facts. I'm also very sick and she's aware of that and I've been taken for money a lot this year which I believe was the intent here.
Can she really sue me for canceling plans? She flew to my State after I said I was not available to transport her. And if she does, do I have to go to her state? I can't afford any of this which this individual is also aware of. I'm also very sick and it's aggravated by stress. I don't see how it's legal to make financial choices for us to split on that trip and then expect me to pay without my approval first? Advice is appreciated!


Defenses: Suing Me from Out of State for Canceliong Plans

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire