My question involves criminal law for the state of: Washington State
Over a year ago I was caught shoplifting $147 worth of merchandise, something I regret immensely. I was told at the time that I would get a court date and a fee from JC Penny for the theft, they said these were completely separate things. They said I would get these in 6-8 weeks. Three months later I did get a $350 fee from a collector for the incident and payed it. Now it has been about 13 months from the incident and i have not gotten a summons. I am 19 years old and would not like this on my record. How much time must past after the incident for me to be out of the legal woods? or it there no set time? I doubt I am clear, but I want to know what to expect or what I should do at this point.
Over a year ago I was caught shoplifting $147 worth of merchandise, something I regret immensely. I was told at the time that I would get a court date and a fee from JC Penny for the theft, they said these were completely separate things. They said I would get these in 6-8 weeks. Three months later I did get a $350 fee from a collector for the incident and payed it. Now it has been about 13 months from the incident and i have not gotten a summons. I am 19 years old and would not like this on my record. How much time must past after the incident for me to be out of the legal woods? or it there no set time? I doubt I am clear, but I want to know what to expect or what I should do at this point.
Retail Fraud / Shoplifting: Caught Shoplifting Jc Pennys, No Court Date a Year Later
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire