My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: PA
Long story short I moved in with someone that I worked with, and we have just ended our lease. She had two dogs that she let roam around the apartment. I was barely there as I was a full time student and worked two full time jobs. Upon leaving the rental agency is keeping our deposit and suing us for damages to the floor in the living space and her bedroom that were caused by the dogs. (water damage from water bowls/urination on the wood). Her and I had an agreement that if there were any issues pertaining to the dogs, that she would be responsible, also have this over written text that she agreed too. I know that PA is a joint state so the agency will be coming after us both. But will I be able to sue her for the damages and security deposit since they are claiming the damages were caused specifically by the dogs, which I have no claim to nor did I take care of, and that she agreed to take full responsibility for?
Long story short I moved in with someone that I worked with, and we have just ended our lease. She had two dogs that she let roam around the apartment. I was barely there as I was a full time student and worked two full time jobs. Upon leaving the rental agency is keeping our deposit and suing us for damages to the floor in the living space and her bedroom that were caused by the dogs. (water damage from water bowls/urination on the wood). Her and I had an agreement that if there were any issues pertaining to the dogs, that she would be responsible, also have this over written text that she agreed too. I know that PA is a joint state so the agency will be coming after us both. But will I be able to sue her for the damages and security deposit since they are claiming the damages were caused specifically by the dogs, which I have no claim to nor did I take care of, and that she agreed to take full responsibility for?
Repair and Maintenance: Do I Have the Ability to Sue My Roommate
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire