My question involves a person located in the state of:California
Hello everyone. I am in need of some vital information in order to protect my benefits as well as my assets.
I am currently and have been on Medi-Cal and SSI for close to 15 years and have recently been enrolled into the Medicare program for the past 2 years.
I am a sick woman with more illnesses than I care to share. I am extremely thankful that I have these medical benefits that were available to me that saved my life more than once. on the other hand, I have been named as a beneficiary to my fathers trust, in the trust I was awarded 1 property worth $800,000 which I am currently living in. and some cash totaling around $400,000. if I declare these assets I loose my eligibility status and loose my health benefit.
to make things a little more complicated, in the trust my portion of the assets are given to the attorney who drafted the trust to be held in trust for my benefit.
from my understanding, the way that it is set up will disqualify my SSI eligibility. a friend of mine told me something about Social security doesn't accept trust and will try to recover.
the trustee has told me he would be willing to do what ever needs to be done to protect my benefits.
I am trying to maintain my benefits as well as my assets that my father left to me without causing recovery issues so I could then leave those assets to my daughter after I pass.
I really don't care about the assets for myself as much as I do for my children.
any information would be life saving.
I look forward to your thoughts.
God bless
Hello everyone. I am in need of some vital information in order to protect my benefits as well as my assets.
I am currently and have been on Medi-Cal and SSI for close to 15 years and have recently been enrolled into the Medicare program for the past 2 years.
I am a sick woman with more illnesses than I care to share. I am extremely thankful that I have these medical benefits that were available to me that saved my life more than once. on the other hand, I have been named as a beneficiary to my fathers trust, in the trust I was awarded 1 property worth $800,000 which I am currently living in. and some cash totaling around $400,000. if I declare these assets I loose my eligibility status and loose my health benefit.
to make things a little more complicated, in the trust my portion of the assets are given to the attorney who drafted the trust to be held in trust for my benefit.
from my understanding, the way that it is set up will disqualify my SSI eligibility. a friend of mine told me something about Social security doesn't accept trust and will try to recover.
the trustee has told me he would be willing to do what ever needs to be done to protect my benefits.
I am trying to maintain my benefits as well as my assets that my father left to me without causing recovery issues so I could then leave those assets to my daughter after I pass.
I really don't care about the assets for myself as much as I do for my children.
any information would be life saving.
I look forward to your thoughts.
God bless
On Disability but Received an Inheritance,need Advise on Asset Protection from Recove
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire