mercredi 20 septembre 2017

Criminal Records: Background Checks During and After Diversion Program in California

My question involves criminal records for the state of: California

I was charged with misdemeanor battery in July 2017 after an incident in the first quarter of the year. I retained a lawyer immediately and was never arrested or booked.

The prosecutor is offering a Diversion program where I have to:
- Enter a plea (likely guilty or no contest)
- Complete AA, Anger Management and 150+hours of community service
- Likely be booked
- Stay out of trouble for a year
- After the year is up, the plea will not be submitted and the charges will be dismissed

My question is, how will this affect future employment prospects? I know California prohibits most private employers from inquiring about arrests that did not lead to convictions as well as diversion programs and dismissals.

- In a background check, will my charges show as pending for the entirety of the year? California employers DO have a right to ask about pending charges
- Will my guilty/no contest plea be visible on a background check?
- Will it be possible for me to seal or remove the booking records after the charges have been dismissed?
- Any success stories from people with pending charges getting a good job? Any success stories from people getting a good job after successful completion of a diversion program?

Thanks for your help!


Criminal Records: Background Checks During and After Diversion Program in California

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire