My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: New York
I am a retired police officer from a local municipality.
Currently, I have been called to testify in a civil matter that is in Federal Court. Is there a Federal or New York State Law that outlines what my pay rate should be in attending all proceedings of the civil matter?
At this time, there seems to be some question from my municipality as to what rate of pay I should be compensated. The municipality states the pay rate should be at my last hourly rate at which I retired. Members of my bargaining unit state the rate should be at the overtime rate at which I retired.
As a side note, while retired, three years ago I WAS paid an overtime rate by the municipality for my appearance in court on a previous criminal case. (Would bringing up past practice be appropriate in this instance to show the municipality did in fact pay the higher rate?)
**I am still an active member of my bargaining unit and I am covered under any contractual agreements that are currently in effect between the municipality and the bargaining unit.**
Thank you in advance for any and all responses.
I am a retired police officer from a local municipality.
Currently, I have been called to testify in a civil matter that is in Federal Court. Is there a Federal or New York State Law that outlines what my pay rate should be in attending all proceedings of the civil matter?
At this time, there seems to be some question from my municipality as to what rate of pay I should be compensated. The municipality states the pay rate should be at my last hourly rate at which I retired. Members of my bargaining unit state the rate should be at the overtime rate at which I retired.
As a side note, while retired, three years ago I WAS paid an overtime rate by the municipality for my appearance in court on a previous criminal case. (Would bringing up past practice be appropriate in this instance to show the municipality did in fact pay the higher rate?)
**I am still an active member of my bargaining unit and I am covered under any contractual agreements that are currently in effect between the municipality and the bargaining unit.**
Thank you in advance for any and all responses.
Compensation and Overtime: Pay Rate for a Retired Police Officer to Attend Court Proceedings
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire