mardi 18 avril 2017

Termination: Strange Easement

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Maryland

I find myself is a strange situation. I recently purchased a property. During the settlement, many easements and right of ways were listed on the title as Liber-Folio Numbers. It appears that one of these easements was one with a neighbor. Of course at the time of settlement, we had no way to know what all the Liber-Folio numbers meant. I feel everyone involved in this sale to us was either negligent or plain dishonest. However that is another case.

Any way, the easement gives the neighbor exclusive rights for any purpose to 1/2 of our land, and we are excluded from even entering it. Since the easement was apparently not sufficient, he fenced it off from us. So, now I find myself in the strange situation of owning land which I can not enter.

My question is, how can this be possible? The easement gives him full use, but nothing about having to keep it safe, not pollute, etc. For all I know, he can set up a meth lab on my property and I am not allowed to even enter to see what is happening. I assume if there was ever anything illegal happening on this part of the property, the government is not going to care about easements, they are going to come after me as the property owner. What is my recourse?
Thanks in advance,
John M.


Termination: Strange Easement

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire