mercredi 19 avril 2017

Sales Agreements: How to Take Back a Car You Sold to a Friend

My question involves civil rights in the State of: California

I had entered into a contract with a friend to purchase a car that I have a lien on. The original contract was for $1,000.00 payments for 10 months to pay off the vehicle in full. It has now been two years of him making only the minimum payments, sometimes late. He has gotten several tickets over this time that end up in my name. I recently learned he has no insurance on the car and often drinks and drives. He has paid the minimum payments so far, albeit whenever he feels like it.

I no longer want the liability associated with my friend driving the car but they refuse to let me take the car back. There is still $8,000.00 owed and I would prefer to get the car back to sell it to a private party and pay off the loan. My questions are the following:

1. Do I have the right to take the car back?

2. How would I approach taking the car back?

3. Does my friend have any recourse to the payments made or ownership of the car?

If any further details are needed please let me know.


Sales Agreements: How to Take Back a Car You Sold to a Friend

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire