My question involves criminal law for the state of: Michigan
On October 5th 2016 a domestic violence case against me was dismissed. I was given a fee of $150, although I don't remember I believe it was for court appointed counsel. When I asked the court-appointed attorney she confirmed it was because of her appointment.
This took place at 41 District Court Sterling Heights Michigan.
Since then I was told by someone else the judge only has power to impose a court appointed attorney fee as part of a sentence and no jurisdiction to order this fee when there is a dismissal.
This is the information I was given:
MCL 769.1k
MCL 769.1l
And case People v. Chandler in the Michigan Court of Appeals docket number 206890 with date 9 / 8/ / 00
My questions are 1) is it true I should not have been assessesed fees in the case of my dismissal?
2) if it is true how do I bring it to the attention of the Court and or the clerk who are now expecting my $150 payment?
On October 5th 2016 a domestic violence case against me was dismissed. I was given a fee of $150, although I don't remember I believe it was for court appointed counsel. When I asked the court-appointed attorney she confirmed it was because of her appointment.
This took place at 41 District Court Sterling Heights Michigan.
Since then I was told by someone else the judge only has power to impose a court appointed attorney fee as part of a sentence and no jurisdiction to order this fee when there is a dismissal.
This is the information I was given:
MCL 769.1k
MCL 769.1l
And case People v. Chandler in the Michigan Court of Appeals docket number 206890 with date 9 / 8/ / 00
My questions are 1) is it true I should not have been assessesed fees in the case of my dismissal?
2) if it is true how do I bring it to the attention of the Court and or the clerk who are now expecting my $150 payment?
Trials: Assessing Fees on a Dismissed Case
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire