My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: CALIFORNIA
This is about automatically issued red light camera ticket. The alleged violation (failure to stop at red light during left turn, VC21453(c)), happened over 1.5 years ago. For various reasons, court trial date was reset several times.
One specific question I have is about what happened near courtroom last time. I came a little earlier and among many others was waiting courtroom doors to open. All of the sudden, a cop approached to me and (almost without any comments) started showing me video on his handheld computer. Turned out this cop was a witness of prosecution in my case.
It was (and is) my understanding that as a defendant, I can have any communication with witness of prosecution exclusively in a courtroom and when judge is present. So, I refused to see any video, and tried to avoid any conversations. After some additional attempt, cop said something like "OK, if you don't want to see this, let stop it" and left me alone.
While I think it's clear that the cop's behavior was inappropriate, my question is: was it illegal? And if so, what can I do about this? Should I tell judge when I am in court?
I can add that when cop was trying to show me his video, he repeatedly told me that I would immediately recognize myself, however he later said something like Actually face not seen now but it was here and I know it was you".
This is about automatically issued red light camera ticket. The alleged violation (failure to stop at red light during left turn, VC21453(c)), happened over 1.5 years ago. For various reasons, court trial date was reset several times.
One specific question I have is about what happened near courtroom last time. I came a little earlier and among many others was waiting courtroom doors to open. All of the sudden, a cop approached to me and (almost without any comments) started showing me video on his handheld computer. Turned out this cop was a witness of prosecution in my case.
It was (and is) my understanding that as a defendant, I can have any communication with witness of prosecution exclusively in a courtroom and when judge is present. So, I refused to see any video, and tried to avoid any conversations. After some additional attempt, cop said something like "OK, if you don't want to see this, let stop it" and left me alone.
While I think it's clear that the cop's behavior was inappropriate, my question is: was it illegal? And if so, what can I do about this? Should I tell judge when I am in court?
I can add that when cop was trying to show me his video, he repeatedly told me that I would immediately recognize myself, however he later said something like Actually face not seen now but it was here and I know it was you".
Traffic Lights, Signs and Controls: Red Light Camera Ticket
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire