jeudi 13 octobre 2016

Traffic Lane Violations: Entrapment Cops Make Lane Jam, then Ticket when Unable to Merge in Time

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: New York

Short version: NYPD sets up their vehicles at intersection, preventing cars from legally merging, then ticket them for being forced to illegally merge.

Full: Basically, this was a two-lane road, approaching and intersecting a busy route. On the approach, all lanes had straight arrows, but in the intersection, the left lane must turn left, and only the right lane continued across; as well, after the intersection, the two lanes narrows to one lane (the continuation of the right lane).

The police set up their vehicles right after the intersection, on the continued single ("right") lane, causing the right approaching lane to back up significantly as cars slowed down to squeeze past the police who were blocking a significant portion of the continued single lane. the backup piled up back into the intersection. I, in the left lane, was trying to merge to the right so that I could continue straight; however, due to the backup, I could not find an opening, and I was forced to keep moving (by traffic behind me whpo would be stranded in the inersection) until I was towards the end of the intersection; at that point I was able to merge, but the lane at that point had concluded it's role as left turn only. I was pulled over (along with at least ten other cars) for illegally going straight from a turn lane.

note: turning would have been a significant inconvenience....that busy road did not allow a quick right-and-a-right to return to the road I was on, it would have been a ten minute detour. I needed to go straight to get home.

To me, this is entrapment. In order to catch people illegally going straight from a turn lane, they choked the road an backed up traffic, preventing drivers from being able to legally merge in to the straight-only lane in time.
Had the police not staged where they did, I would have had time and opportunity to merge. Thus, in short, they prevented cars from legally merging, then ticketed them for being forced to illegally merge.

Any thoughts?


Traffic Lane Violations: Entrapment Cops Make Lane Jam, then Ticket when Unable to Merge in Time

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire