vendredi 14 octobre 2016

Purchase Contracts: When Can I Dispose of Personal Property

My question involves real estate located in the State of: TN

I actually purchased the home 2 months ago. It was my great-aunt's home and she is in a nursing home so the transaction was handled through her POA. Since it's family, I told the POA I would give them a little time after the closing to get all of her belongings out. Well it has been 2 months now and very little has been removed. I told her a couple of weeks ago I would give them until 10/15 to get it out or I would start taking things to the dump. She said I couldn't throw anything away because the will said she got everything in the house so it was legally hers'. Well that's all fine and good but 1) the original owner isn't dead so why mention a will 2) I legally own the house and have for 2 months.

The only thing the contract mentioned was the appliances and window treatments are included in the sale. It did not mention a time frame to clean out or who got what.

Can I just start tossing? I'm not talking about a few trips to the trash can. I'm talking 20 truckloads - everything the woman ever owned was left in the house. I'm paying rent for where I live and the mortgage on the house I can't move in to. Yes, I know, I should have put something in writing before closing but hindsight's 20/20. All the plumbing needs to be replaced and I can't even get to it in the basement for the junk - there's only a small path to walk through. Any insight as to any laws that pertain to this is greatly appreciated.


Purchase Contracts: When Can I Dispose of Personal Property

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire