My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Arizona
I've been with my current employer for 5 years. I recently applied for a promotion that would put me into a management position.
I am more than qualified for the position, and have been doing it for nearly the 5 years that I have been with my company without the title (there wasn't such position when I started and the position was only developed in recent months.) I am currently in a supervisory position, although not management.
Here's where the hang up lies- my direct supervisor is my husband. He is the manager of operations.
Due to the fact that my husband is my supervisor the company is denying me the position because they aren't comfortable with us both being in management roles.
But we are already both in supervisory positions. All of my subordinates report to him, as do I.
Now they are hiring from outside a person who lacks ANY experience in the field whatsoever.
The company has also given reasons for denying me the position such as "it wouldn't be good for your family" and "you have too large of a family"
While I don't feel that is truly the reason but a definite cop-out, I also don't feel that they have any right to choose what is best for my family or make judgments on what I am capable of based on the size of my family.
I also fail to see what the issue with the both of us being in management roles is when I am already in a supervisory position.
Is there any recourse?
I've been with my current employer for 5 years. I recently applied for a promotion that would put me into a management position.
I am more than qualified for the position, and have been doing it for nearly the 5 years that I have been with my company without the title (there wasn't such position when I started and the position was only developed in recent months.) I am currently in a supervisory position, although not management.
Here's where the hang up lies- my direct supervisor is my husband. He is the manager of operations.
Due to the fact that my husband is my supervisor the company is denying me the position because they aren't comfortable with us both being in management roles.
But we are already both in supervisory positions. All of my subordinates report to him, as do I.
Now they are hiring from outside a person who lacks ANY experience in the field whatsoever.
The company has also given reasons for denying me the position such as "it wouldn't be good for your family" and "you have too large of a family"
While I don't feel that is truly the reason but a definite cop-out, I also don't feel that they have any right to choose what is best for my family or make judgments on what I am capable of based on the size of my family.
I also fail to see what the issue with the both of us being in management roles is when I am already in a supervisory position.
Is there any recourse?
Promotion: Can You Be Denied a Promotion Due to Your Spouse's Working for the Company
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire