My question involves court procedures for the state of: PA
I recently was granted a default judgment in Small Claims Court (Magisterial District Court). The Defendent has appealed and a new hearing date has yet to be set.
As I understand it, this appeal is basically starting the case from scratch. If I were to win at the new hearing, I suppose the Defendent can appeal again fairly easily? If I lose, am I responsible for the Defendent's court/legal fees?
Just trying to weigh my options and see if seeking a settlement may be worthwhile.
I recently was granted a default judgment in Small Claims Court (Magisterial District Court). The Defendent has appealed and a new hearing date has yet to be set.
As I understand it, this appeal is basically starting the case from scratch. If I were to win at the new hearing, I suppose the Defendent can appeal again fairly easily? If I lose, am I responsible for the Defendent's court/legal fees?
Just trying to weigh my options and see if seeking a settlement may be worthwhile.
Appeals: Who Pays Legal and Court Fees After a Small Claims Appeal
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire