My question involves malpractice in the state of: Arkansas
I have a BCBS policy that fully covers TMJ disorders. I recently completed phase 1 treatment, which has all been paid by my medical insurance. Without phase 2 treatment, all of my progress will be lost. My doctor had previously reassured me that phase 2 treatment would also be covered, however at my appointment I was told they've been having problems with other patients' similar insurance claims, so in order to proceed, I would be required to pay the entire cost for phase 2 treatment ($8400) up front. They tell me that they will bill my insurance as the services are rendered over the next couple of years and reimburse me if they receive payment as it is received. My insurance premiums are paid by the state due to income eligibility, this is a BCBS PPO plan, the dr. is in network. Can I be required to pay for the entire cost of treatment up front?
I have a BCBS policy that fully covers TMJ disorders. I recently completed phase 1 treatment, which has all been paid by my medical insurance. Without phase 2 treatment, all of my progress will be lost. My doctor had previously reassured me that phase 2 treatment would also be covered, however at my appointment I was told they've been having problems with other patients' similar insurance claims, so in order to proceed, I would be required to pay the entire cost for phase 2 treatment ($8400) up front. They tell me that they will bill my insurance as the services are rendered over the next couple of years and reimburse me if they receive payment as it is received. My insurance premiums are paid by the state due to income eligibility, this is a BCBS PPO plan, the dr. is in network. Can I be required to pay for the entire cost of treatment up front?
Medical Malpractice: Can My Doctor Require Prepayment for Treatments Verified As Covered by My Insurance
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire