lundi 17 octobre 2016

Harassment: Can I Press Charges on a Team Lead for Harassing Me with a Knife

So I'm 35 years old, degreed and have management experience. But, I'm not established so I have to do what I have to do. Which is take a wearhouse job about 5 months ago. I was harassed. I was very hopefull that it was just new guy stuff and it would cailm down after awhile but it didn't.
I started standing up for myself, being pissy and such about 3 weeks ago. That's when things escalated. I walked into the office and he held a small folding knife to words me in a defensive manor. He always runs around with it stabbing boxes and what not so it kind of normal for him to be acting stupid but he's never pointed it at and one. I just kept my head down and went about my business.
About 10 minutes later I had to walk down an aile that he was in and he was playing with his knife. He ran his finger across the blade of the knife and asked me if I had a problem. I said I just want to work. I went to walk away but was stopped by another employee who seen what happened and tried to conversate with me. I walked away.
About a half hour later ever ones super cool to me. It happened on a Fri and that Monday he brought in cupcakes and pulled pork for everyone.
Week and a half later I got wrote up. I'm a model employee. Like really. They won and I walked.
Bottom line, I wasn't working out. I needed to look for other work.
Anyways, on to my legal questions. I want blood honestly. I want to take to the furthest existent of the law which is why I haven't really done anything yet. But, they live locally. I've seen the one driving that was standing behind me when it happened and he has texted me asking if I'm OK. I think he was just stirring the pot thought. So now I'm thinking that I really need to do something to protect myself as if I see them and they approach me acting in the same manor its going to escalate and I don't want to come off like the aggressor. Can I file charges? This happened on the 7th of this month around 5:30pm. I also live in Michigan. Thanks


Harassment: Can I Press Charges on a Team Lead for Harassing Me with a Knife

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire