mercredi 19 octobre 2016

Custody and Visitation Issues: What are Possible Custody Outcomes for a Parent with a Lengthy Criminal Record

My question involves a child custody case from the State of: TEXAS

I dated my son's dad for a very short time, a few months, before getting rid of him. I realized he was a drunk, a pillhead, a liar and a thief. I had to call Houston PD several times to have him removed from my apartment because he was so blitzed, and he would hide my cell phone so I couldn't call the law and push me down if I tried to leave my own place. About 5 weeks after I finally got rid of him for good, I found out I was pregnant. He is a textbook narcissist and has tried to scare me and bully me over my son since I was pregnant. My son is now 1 as of 9/18/16, and he still has no legal rights to him. I never put him on the birth certificate and he will not pay child support until he is forced to. That's fine by me, if I file with the OAG, he will have some form of rights.

So my question is this, his background consists of several charges of criminal trespassing, a few assault charges, several possession charges, and 4 DWI's, the last one a felony. That's all over the last 10-12 years. He has been intoxicated around my son many times, a few of which I have recordings of. He now has a SECOND warrant for his arrest out and motion to revoke probation while on this felony DWI probation, which he doesn't know about, and doesn't know I know. I keep EVERYTHING I can use against him in court to myself. I've turned him into Galveston Co Crime Stoppers twice, and now have left a message with the judges office regarding the current warrant and what proof I have of additional violations they didn't list on this month's Motion, but so far none of those have responded to me. He continues to threaten me that he will get my son overnight and will be able to take him when he wants soon, and on one recording I have said he will dig me a grave and I'll never see daylight if I try to prove him unfit.

WHAT kind of visitation rights is a Judge likely to grant someone like this? This haunts me every day and night, I really do fear for my son's future safety if he ever tries to take me to court.


Custody and Visitation Issues: What are Possible Custody Outcomes for a Parent with a Lengthy Criminal Record

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire