mardi 24 mai 2016

Social Security Issues: First Name on Birth Certificate Does Not Match Ss Card - Can't Get New Card or Id

I really need advice on how to fix this issue.

On my Birth Certificate I have, of course, my "legal birth name". My father passed when I was 2, and my mother moved to another state and sometime in the 70's, when I was a child, she SOMEHOW obtained a Social Security Card for me in a shortened version of my true First Name...a "nickname"...with my same birth last name. She also somehow enrolled me throughout school with that nickname. My first job during high school was under this name on my Social Security Card, as well as enrollment in college. So, then that meant I had to use that name for each subsequent job as well as marriage.

I lived in a state that gives very long duration Driver's Licenses. I received this license before stricter ID laws were enacted. I moved to another state, and that is when I hit the problem. I found out that I could not get a license in my new state because my birth certificate doesn't match my SS Card or DL. DL and SS Card DO match. However, they said they cannot process the application because of the non-matching info on my Birth Certificate. In the meantime, while trying to figure this all out, my previous state's drivers license expired. I cannot renew there because I'm no longer a resident. So, now I have no valid acceptable picture ID, and cannot get one...not even a state ID...and I have never had a passport.

I want to go by the name on my Birth Certificate. My marriage license is under my actual legal birth name (I did NOT change my name to my husband's last name - still use maiden name). The only other documents I have under my legal birth name are a Report of Birth Abroad and my Naturalization Paper with baby photo on it (born in military hospital in another country). All other items (medical insurance, health records, bank cards, bills, mortgage, etc) are in the "nickname". I cannot get an ID without my SS Card matching my Birth Certificate, and cannot get the SS Card without a matching photo ID! I don't know where to turn. I need a valid driver's license ASAP.


Social Security Issues: First Name on Birth Certificate Does Not Match Ss Card - Can't Get New Card or Id

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire