mercredi 4 mai 2016

Property Division: Divorce Settlement and Assets/Real Estate

My question involves a marriage in the state of: Ohio

My wife and I own a house in Ohio that we lived in and a duplex in Ohio as well. She took our son and moved to Kentucky in a rental property because she wanted to be far from me and move closer to her friends, but she still wanted to be close enough where I could visit my son. ( about 4 hours away ) We are trying our best to keep everything out of the courts. With our homes we owe no mortgages, we paid cash for both of them and we have about $3,000 or $3,500 in credit card debt.

So my question is, I have offered her $22,000 cash ( when I get it ) and I will take all our credit card debt if she will sign off that she has no interest in these properties. We paid $19,000 cash for the house we live in and $12,000 for the duplex, so $15,500 would be half but I am trying to be fair to her. The reason why I want her to have no interest in either properties is I want to fix this house up and sell it for around 70 grand and make a nice 20k profit and it'll be like the divorce never happened almost financially for me. I would be okay with her owning half the duplex if she actually helped me manage it and fix it up. But I am the one doing all the work, hiring people and dealing with the tenants and I kind of find that a bit unfair that I do all the work and she is entitled to half the income from it. Therefore I want to buy her out of that as well. I know she's already talked to lawyers, I haven't and I have no plans on getting a lawyer. She seems to like the 22k offer and me taking the debt but she wants her lawyer to look over it.

Now what I want to know is can she force the sale of this place before I fix it up and the same with the duplex? or can I buy her out? do I have to pay 22k all at once or can it be over a period of a year or two? Or since the houses are only worth 15,500 divided in half should I offer that or less due to our debt or what should I do?

We also have a son but I pay child support on my own and we are not going to court for that just for our assets. We only own the 2 homes and have like $50 in our bank account right now lol


Property Division: Divorce Settlement and Assets/Real Estate

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire