My question involves criminal law for the state of: New York
Recently, my ex-boyfriend and I had a huge argument that resulted in him breaking thousands of dollars worth of my property in our home. The police were called that night and he was asked to leave. Before he left our home that night, he repented for his actions and told me to transfer the $3000 that he had in his savings into my account for the damages, which I did. Please note that I have been handling his finances for 12 years, paying his bills for him and budgeting his money. The funds in his bank account were constantly transferred from his account to my bank account on a weekly basis to pay for our living expenses and home repairs. However, the day after the incident I decided to still file a Domestic Incident Report with the police because he not only broke my property but he was also verbally and physically abusive towards me and he made numerous threats that scared me. The same day I filed a DIR with the police, I also petitioned family court for an order of protection. I made him aware that I was obtaining a restraining order and he immediately retaliated by going to a different police precinct and accusing me of stealing funds from his bank account. He has been intimidating me and threatening me with arrest for the transfer of the $3,000 which he explicitly authorized for the damages to my property before he left our home. Can I be arrested for this since I made the transfer at his behest? As I stated, I have the passwords to all his accounts (credit cards and bank accounts) and having been handling his finances for years. Can this be considered grand larceny?
Recently, my ex-boyfriend and I had a huge argument that resulted in him breaking thousands of dollars worth of my property in our home. The police were called that night and he was asked to leave. Before he left our home that night, he repented for his actions and told me to transfer the $3000 that he had in his savings into my account for the damages, which I did. Please note that I have been handling his finances for 12 years, paying his bills for him and budgeting his money. The funds in his bank account were constantly transferred from his account to my bank account on a weekly basis to pay for our living expenses and home repairs. However, the day after the incident I decided to still file a Domestic Incident Report with the police because he not only broke my property but he was also verbally and physically abusive towards me and he made numerous threats that scared me. The same day I filed a DIR with the police, I also petitioned family court for an order of protection. I made him aware that I was obtaining a restraining order and he immediately retaliated by going to a different police precinct and accusing me of stealing funds from his bank account. He has been intimidating me and threatening me with arrest for the transfer of the $3,000 which he explicitly authorized for the damages to my property before he left our home. Can I be arrested for this since I made the transfer at his behest? As I stated, I have the passwords to all his accounts (credit cards and bank accounts) and having been handling his finances for years. Can this be considered grand larceny?
Threats and Intimidation: Bank Transfer of Money That Ex-Boyfriend Now Claims I Stole
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire