My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Connecticut
I am currently an employee of the State of CT and I am a member of a union. I have just received an offer for another job, however this new employer needs me to start in less than two weeks and cannot change my start date. I fully intend to take the new job. However, my current collective bargaining agreement states that:
Employees intending to leave the employ of [the agency] must give one months notice in advance. After giving notice, such employees must serve at least ten (10) workdays on the job prior to leaving. Employees serving less than ten (10) workdays on the job shall forfeit one day of paid vacation for each day less than ten (10) workdays on the job.
I understand that if I give notice and then work one week (five workdays) I will forfeit five days of paid vacation, however could there be further repercussions for only giving one week's notice?
Thank you!
I am currently an employee of the State of CT and I am a member of a union. I have just received an offer for another job, however this new employer needs me to start in less than two weeks and cannot change my start date. I fully intend to take the new job. However, my current collective bargaining agreement states that:
Employees intending to leave the employ of [the agency] must give one months notice in advance. After giving notice, such employees must serve at least ten (10) workdays on the job prior to leaving. Employees serving less than ten (10) workdays on the job shall forfeit one day of paid vacation for each day less than ten (10) workdays on the job.
I understand that if I give notice and then work one week (five workdays) I will forfeit five days of paid vacation, however could there be further repercussions for only giving one week's notice?
Thank you!
Resignation: What Could Be the Penalties for Leaving a Job Without the Notice Required in My Cba
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire