My question involves a child custody case from the State of: Colorado
While separated from my husband, I became pregnant by another man. My husband and I reconciled, and he has been raising my son since his birth. My son is 5 years old now. His biological father asked me and my husband to help him establish paternity so that he did not have to file a paternity case. We both told him no. I offered him visits but told him my husband was on the birth certificate and we would keep it that way because it was better for my son. I also told him that if he challenged paternity then I would fight him in court to keep my husband's presumed paternity. Eventually the biological father disappeared and is angry with me. He has never seen his son and only sent a few gifts years ago.
Can I still get child support from the biological father if my husband has been removed from the birth certificate?
I don't think he should be able to walk away without paying. He had an opportunity to fight for his rights and he didn't take it. He failed the test and should be held accountable.
While separated from my husband, I became pregnant by another man. My husband and I reconciled, and he has been raising my son since his birth. My son is 5 years old now. His biological father asked me and my husband to help him establish paternity so that he did not have to file a paternity case. We both told him no. I offered him visits but told him my husband was on the birth certificate and we would keep it that way because it was better for my son. I also told him that if he challenged paternity then I would fight him in court to keep my husband's presumed paternity. Eventually the biological father disappeared and is angry with me. He has never seen his son and only sent a few gifts years ago.
Can I still get child support from the biological father if my husband has been removed from the birth certificate?
I don't think he should be able to walk away without paying. He had an opportunity to fight for his rights and he didn't take it. He failed the test and should be held accountable.
Establishing an Order: How Long Can I Wait to Establish Child Support for My Son
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire