My question involves landlord-tenant law in the State of: Washington
To Whom it may concern:
This is a long story and I must maintain brevity in the event the party seeking 'revenge' so to speak pops on here.
In short, I currently reside in a dwelling with a homeowner who is my romantic partner (we're on the rocks - no legal ties). Things started, initially, as love and then he later empathized with a a shitty life situation I was in and offered to help. The situation created a TBI, for which I am currently healing. I formerly worked and have several degrees etc. but due to the TBI am in a deep state of healing. I do not pay rent at this time and have lived here for almost 4 months. The living arrangement was agreed upon verbally by the partner, who deeply empathized with my situation and wanted me to heal. We discussed matters further, and he agreed I could remain in the unit until June 1st. There are two notes stating this, although very vague. Both have his name. Both do state the date I am to leave. I studied business law, however, and remember a legal agreement is valid even if written on a napkin.
Fast forward and something else is going on with my partner - maybe he's losing his job? No clue. It's not an affair. We are both respectable and quiet people, and I am just looking to recover peacefully from the TBI. This, involves time, love, care, stable living etc.
The partner recently went on vacation, and someone planted seeds in his head that he must sell his house. He arrived last week and said, "A Realtor is coming... blah blah." He has not sat down to converse regarding the matter.
He flat out said, "I can't sell the house with you in it." So I suspect he is consulting with a lawyer who in this case is using shady business and fear mongering to have him paint a sour picture of me and get me out on "anti-harassment" or some BS. He even threatened to get a restraining order against me.
He claimed to have made a police report with allegations against me (they were extreme and FALSE) and I called the PD to clarify - there is no police report. So, essentially he is threatening me to "get out" by saying he will tell the police "XYZ." What he is doing is fabricating and taking out of context very isolated incidents, even words mumbled in my sleep. I suspect he is acting out of desperation. And, to be honest, I think the other day he was trying to "set me up," provoke me, and record something. I politely asked to see the phone, and then he called me "paranoid." I have been in controlling situations before and know the depth of how people operate. I am trying to remain objective in this case, but wondering why he cannot approach me directly. I am in a state of healing and do not in any way shape or form want to be "monitored" like a child with video cameras etc. Been there before. No thanks.
I wont' get into it, but there have been incidents of verbal abuse towards me and violent acts by him in the home. I understand domestic violence quite well, and could get him on assault. But, I won't and he knows that. I do not want to ruin this person's life nor get into a long legal battle. Still he is almost giving me no choice (although there is always a choice). What he is doing is also throwing words at me such as "you need to be on medication" etc. It is pretty common for control freaks, that they think a "magic bullet" will solve all of the day's problems.
Since I have a TBI and PTS (no D) it is very difficult for me to work unless I find a EOE. I tried to explain this to him. Technically, if I wanted to I could likely get him on abuse for someone with a 'disability' but most of the time I do not identify as 'disabled' as I am trying to surpass any label and just move on with life and personal goals.
I understand how the DV system and all the non-profits work, but they cannot serve me. He keeps trying to provoke me into a state of crisis so I will eventually have to call a crisis line, for real. I explained to him those services are there for a specific demographic of people.
On a personal note, I am very frustrated as I worked so very hard to heal this TBI, only to be re-triggered by having him 'abruptly' decide to sell his home. Most of the time, this is something people plan for etc.
There are no children in the scenario.
So, what are my rights (how long can I legally stay, for example) and how do I PEACEFULLY duck out? I am typically the breadwinner and most folks I know are fighting their own battles. Mainly, I am concerned that if I get into another living situation that is abusive, I will have irreversible brain damage due to abusive housemates/landlord. Before, I used to be able to handle a few bad apples, but since I need to focus on much deeper matter in life, such as healing trauma, I have no time for petty BS people are pulling. None, whatsoever.
He will be home soon, and likely livid. When he is mad, he is mad. I am now walking on eggshells due to demands he makes such as, "I want you out." I tried to speak with him and state that I need to take baby steps to move forward, to insure I am stable and safe. He will say things such as, "I do not think a job will help you." I am now almost mute because any words I say may be taken out of context by his shady lawyer. If I had some finances, I'd be out of here, and be the bigger person. But, that is not the case.
*** Also, I am not some professional squatter or what have you. I've actually been a victim of that before and I learned a very hard lesson.
Advice?
Thank you for reading.
To Whom it may concern:
This is a long story and I must maintain brevity in the event the party seeking 'revenge' so to speak pops on here.
In short, I currently reside in a dwelling with a homeowner who is my romantic partner (we're on the rocks - no legal ties). Things started, initially, as love and then he later empathized with a a shitty life situation I was in and offered to help. The situation created a TBI, for which I am currently healing. I formerly worked and have several degrees etc. but due to the TBI am in a deep state of healing. I do not pay rent at this time and have lived here for almost 4 months. The living arrangement was agreed upon verbally by the partner, who deeply empathized with my situation and wanted me to heal. We discussed matters further, and he agreed I could remain in the unit until June 1st. There are two notes stating this, although very vague. Both have his name. Both do state the date I am to leave. I studied business law, however, and remember a legal agreement is valid even if written on a napkin.
Fast forward and something else is going on with my partner - maybe he's losing his job? No clue. It's not an affair. We are both respectable and quiet people, and I am just looking to recover peacefully from the TBI. This, involves time, love, care, stable living etc.
The partner recently went on vacation, and someone planted seeds in his head that he must sell his house. He arrived last week and said, "A Realtor is coming... blah blah." He has not sat down to converse regarding the matter.
He flat out said, "I can't sell the house with you in it." So I suspect he is consulting with a lawyer who in this case is using shady business and fear mongering to have him paint a sour picture of me and get me out on "anti-harassment" or some BS. He even threatened to get a restraining order against me.
He claimed to have made a police report with allegations against me (they were extreme and FALSE) and I called the PD to clarify - there is no police report. So, essentially he is threatening me to "get out" by saying he will tell the police "XYZ." What he is doing is fabricating and taking out of context very isolated incidents, even words mumbled in my sleep. I suspect he is acting out of desperation. And, to be honest, I think the other day he was trying to "set me up," provoke me, and record something. I politely asked to see the phone, and then he called me "paranoid." I have been in controlling situations before and know the depth of how people operate. I am trying to remain objective in this case, but wondering why he cannot approach me directly. I am in a state of healing and do not in any way shape or form want to be "monitored" like a child with video cameras etc. Been there before. No thanks.
I wont' get into it, but there have been incidents of verbal abuse towards me and violent acts by him in the home. I understand domestic violence quite well, and could get him on assault. But, I won't and he knows that. I do not want to ruin this person's life nor get into a long legal battle. Still he is almost giving me no choice (although there is always a choice). What he is doing is also throwing words at me such as "you need to be on medication" etc. It is pretty common for control freaks, that they think a "magic bullet" will solve all of the day's problems.
Since I have a TBI and PTS (no D) it is very difficult for me to work unless I find a EOE. I tried to explain this to him. Technically, if I wanted to I could likely get him on abuse for someone with a 'disability' but most of the time I do not identify as 'disabled' as I am trying to surpass any label and just move on with life and personal goals.
I understand how the DV system and all the non-profits work, but they cannot serve me. He keeps trying to provoke me into a state of crisis so I will eventually have to call a crisis line, for real. I explained to him those services are there for a specific demographic of people.
On a personal note, I am very frustrated as I worked so very hard to heal this TBI, only to be re-triggered by having him 'abruptly' decide to sell his home. Most of the time, this is something people plan for etc.
There are no children in the scenario.
So, what are my rights (how long can I legally stay, for example) and how do I PEACEFULLY duck out? I am typically the breadwinner and most folks I know are fighting their own battles. Mainly, I am concerned that if I get into another living situation that is abusive, I will have irreversible brain damage due to abusive housemates/landlord. Before, I used to be able to handle a few bad apples, but since I need to focus on much deeper matter in life, such as healing trauma, I have no time for petty BS people are pulling. None, whatsoever.
He will be home soon, and likely livid. When he is mad, he is mad. I am now walking on eggshells due to demands he makes such as, "I want you out." I tried to speak with him and state that I need to take baby steps to move forward, to insure I am stable and safe. He will say things such as, "I do not think a job will help you." I am now almost mute because any words I say may be taken out of context by his shady lawyer. If I had some finances, I'd be out of here, and be the bigger person. But, that is not the case.
*** Also, I am not some professional squatter or what have you. I've actually been a victim of that before and I learned a very hard lesson.
Advice?
Thank you for reading.
Change of Ownership: False Allegations Due to House Sale
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire