My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Colorado
So I was very discouraged today to find out that Section 19 of the SAFE ACT disqualifies people with misdemeanor conviction on theft, or dishonesty even if it happened a long time ago. Felony assault convictions over 7 years can get a license but a misdemeanor charge for simple theft can be denied. I still have hope but long story short, I drove a friend from one location to another when I was 18 years old who had possession of stolen goods. I was not aware of it but my friend was caught a few days later and basically threw me under the bus saying I was the one who helped transport him with the stolen goods. My immature and dumb mind at the time forced me to talk to the investigator and he interrogated me into a "receiving stolen property charge." I did 4 days in jail and was put on house arrest for 2 months. I paid for a 1203.4a dismissal of the case 3 years later. It happened in California so California only dismisses the case, no seal or expungement. I later looked at the court docs and they say the court records are "purged." I still know the FBI will see this on my background check. This happened at 18 yrs old and now I am 30 with no other violations, a masters degree and just trying to pursue a good career. Should I give up at this point knowing the SAFE ACT is very strict or is there a way around this? Any help is truly appreciated.
So I was very discouraged today to find out that Section 19 of the SAFE ACT disqualifies people with misdemeanor conviction on theft, or dishonesty even if it happened a long time ago. Felony assault convictions over 7 years can get a license but a misdemeanor charge for simple theft can be denied. I still have hope but long story short, I drove a friend from one location to another when I was 18 years old who had possession of stolen goods. I was not aware of it but my friend was caught a few days later and basically threw me under the bus saying I was the one who helped transport him with the stolen goods. My immature and dumb mind at the time forced me to talk to the investigator and he interrogated me into a "receiving stolen property charge." I did 4 days in jail and was put on house arrest for 2 months. I paid for a 1203.4a dismissal of the case 3 years later. It happened in California so California only dismisses the case, no seal or expungement. I later looked at the court docs and they say the court records are "purged." I still know the FBI will see this on my background check. This happened at 18 yrs old and now I am 30 with no other violations, a masters degree and just trying to pursue a good career. Should I give up at this point knowing the SAFE ACT is very strict or is there a way around this? Any help is truly appreciated.
Background Checks: Misdemeanor Receiving Stolen Property Dismissed.trying to Get Mortgage License
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire