My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: California
I was recently hired by a major outsourcing company to work at one of our clients headquarters. Before my first day, I asked the recruiter if there was paperwork/hiring documents/PTO and holiday information that she would be sending me, to which she replied, "Oh you will get all that stuff during your first week."
One of the things I found out on my 2nd day of work, was that the client shuts down over Christmas/New Year, their employees receive pay for this entire period, however; we (the outsourcing company employees) sitting next to these people, only get paid for Christmas Day, New Years Day, and if we have PTO we can use it for the rest of the time, if not, we do not get paid.
A) Am I allowed to apply for unemployment pay during the time we are forced to take time off with no pay?
OR
B) Is there anything else I can do, in terms of employee rights, with the outsourcing company I am employed with?
This information, as well as the fact that I will never get a raise, no matter how long I am in my position and no matter how much cost of living increases, was never once mentioned or provided to me until my 2nd, 3rd, 4th,...etc day of work, by my co-workers.
Note: I cannot tell you how many times, after I started, and during my first week, I told my new supervisor that this sounded so much to me like I was a temporary employee. She told me I was not, I was a FTE of (blank) company.
Thank you for you advice, it is very much appreciated.
I was recently hired by a major outsourcing company to work at one of our clients headquarters. Before my first day, I asked the recruiter if there was paperwork/hiring documents/PTO and holiday information that she would be sending me, to which she replied, "Oh you will get all that stuff during your first week."
One of the things I found out on my 2nd day of work, was that the client shuts down over Christmas/New Year, their employees receive pay for this entire period, however; we (the outsourcing company employees) sitting next to these people, only get paid for Christmas Day, New Years Day, and if we have PTO we can use it for the rest of the time, if not, we do not get paid.
A) Am I allowed to apply for unemployment pay during the time we are forced to take time off with no pay?
OR
B) Is there anything else I can do, in terms of employee rights, with the outsourcing company I am employed with?
This information, as well as the fact that I will never get a raise, no matter how long I am in my position and no matter how much cost of living increases, was never once mentioned or provided to me until my 2nd, 3rd, 4th,...etc day of work, by my co-workers.
Note: I cannot tell you how many times, after I started, and during my first week, I told my new supervisor that this sounded so much to me like I was a temporary employee. She told me I was not, I was a FTE of (blank) company.
Thank you for you advice, it is very much appreciated.
Compensation and Overtime: Employee for Outsourcing Company and Work at Client Site-Forced to Take Time Off
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire