mercredi 5 août 2015

Discovery: When Discovery is Late/Not Received

My question involves traffic court in the State of: Washington.

I received a ticket a couple of months ago in Kitsap County, I filed for discovery what I thought was exactly 14 days before my hearing date (Aug. 12), and have not yet received any of the materials I requested. I know that it's difficult to prove prejudice if discovery is received less than 7 days before the hearing date, but does anyone have any suggestions for how to craft this defense?

Also, I just realized that I might be an idiot. I filed for discovery on July 29th, but the 14-day rule probably only counts weekdays, doesn't it? Can someone clarify this for me?

If I did miscalculate, do I have any hope of getting off? Or would it be considered my fault for not receiving the materials in time, since I may have miscalculated the date? :dread:


Discovery: When Discovery is Late/Not Received

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire