mardi 4 septembre 2018

Water Runoff: Water Runoff from Neighbors Funneling to My Property

My question involves real estate located in the State of: Wisconsin.

I bought a house in the last few months which includes a two-tiered retaining wall in the backyard. The house behind us completed construction around the same we bought our house. The elevation of my neighbors house is about 20 feet higher than mine and has a continuous slope from the sidewalk all the way down to where their property ends and the first level of the retaining wall begins.

During moderate to heavy rainfalls, the surface water runs down their backyard and creates what looks like waterfalls in a number of places on the retaining. The excessive water has also caused wash out of sediment at the base of the retaining wall and has also caused some sinkhole spots on the first level of the terrace. The recent rainfall flooded my backyard and I had excessive water running down both sides of my yard to the street. This is a new development and this is the first summer the lot behind my house has the changes to the grading and the non-permeable surface area.

I'm looking for recommendations as to my course of action. Should I start by talking to someone with the City (City Engineer, Public Works, etc.), go to the Developer, or someone else? Thank you for your thoughts.


Water Runoff: Water Runoff from Neighbors Funneling to My Property

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire