I purchased a used car from a private seller in Washington. The craigslist description said it had a new engine and the seller confirmed it had less than 3000 miles on it. He said he had all the paper work, so I flew to Washington to make the purchase. When I asked for the paper work confirming the new engine and other work, the seller looked for it but said he could not find it, and would mail it to me (and never has).
Since everything else with the car checked out, I purchased the car $11,000 cash, and drove it back to California. Once I got to California I took it to my mechanic to go over the car and he informed me that the engine was not in good condition (would not hold compression). I called the seller and he said he was a honest person and would make it right. I have waited almost 4 months, but now he is not taking my phone calls or answering my emails.
The question is what can I do legally to get my money back, or a partial refund to have the engine work done? Please keep in mind the seller is in Washington, and I am in California.
Since everything else with the car checked out, I purchased the car $11,000 cash, and drove it back to California. Once I got to California I took it to my mechanic to go over the car and he informed me that the engine was not in good condition (would not hold compression). I called the seller and he said he was a honest person and would make it right. I have waited almost 4 months, but now he is not taking my phone calls or answering my emails.
The question is what can I do legally to get my money back, or a partial refund to have the engine work done? Please keep in mind the seller is in Washington, and I am in California.
Purchase a Car in Washington, Brought It to California Was Told It Had a New Engine
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire