mercredi 5 septembre 2018

Denial & Appeals: Denial of Disability Insurance by EDD

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: California
I have a claim for Temporary Disability through the EDD in California that was denied because I had withdrawn from the labor market prior to the date I became disabled. It stated that I was not working nor seeking work. I discovered a message online a day before this notice was sent that required me to send in additional information about my job seeking. I wrote down 5 of the most recent and applicable attempts to find work. That is what the form required. I completed that online the next morning. Later that evening the decision to disallow me was put up online. I do not think that this form was regarded when making the decision. Why did they send it to me in the first place? Is there something that I need to do to get them to look at that before I appeal?
Because this is an appeal for disability and not unemployment I do have the advantage of appealing to the EDD prior to being sent to the "judge". What exactly constitutes seeking work? Phone calls? Emails? Interviews? Employment sites like LinkedIn? I only included attempts to find work in the last 2 weeks prior to the date of disability. Do they need attempts for a certain amount of time leading up to the date of disability?


Denial & Appeals: Denial of Disability Insurance by EDD

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire