My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Ohio
I just wanted to get some clarification on the laws in Ohio for an employer paying overtime.
I know there are exemptions for auto mechanics working at a dealership:
"FLSA :Motor Vehicle dealership exemption
An employee may be exempt who:
*works as a salesman, partsman, or mechanic,
*primarily sells or services automobiles, trucks, or farm implements, and
*works for a nonmanufacturing establishment that primarily sells the vehicles or implements to end users."
However this doesn't specify how the mechanic is paid initially (i.e. flat rate vs hourly). All the research I've done, seems to be based on the mechanic being flat rate, however I'm paid hourly, clock in/out every day, but am constantly working over 40 hours a week without overtime compensation....as far am I've been aware in Ohio overtime compensation is required for any hours worked over 40/week to non-exempt employees....
So basically, from my own research, even though I'm paid hourly, just because I'm a mechanic working for a dealership, I'm considered exempt and my employer doesn't have to pay me overtime?!?! Am I correct in that understanding of the laws???
If so, that's seems pretty unfair, especially when working for a dealership that pretty much requires you to work overtime hours on a weekly basis....
I just wanted to get some clarification on the laws in Ohio for an employer paying overtime.
I know there are exemptions for auto mechanics working at a dealership:
"FLSA :Motor Vehicle dealership exemption
An employee may be exempt who:
*works as a salesman, partsman, or mechanic,
*primarily sells or services automobiles, trucks, or farm implements, and
*works for a nonmanufacturing establishment that primarily sells the vehicles or implements to end users."
However this doesn't specify how the mechanic is paid initially (i.e. flat rate vs hourly). All the research I've done, seems to be based on the mechanic being flat rate, however I'm paid hourly, clock in/out every day, but am constantly working over 40 hours a week without overtime compensation....as far am I've been aware in Ohio overtime compensation is required for any hours worked over 40/week to non-exempt employees....
So basically, from my own research, even though I'm paid hourly, just because I'm a mechanic working for a dealership, I'm considered exempt and my employer doesn't have to pay me overtime?!?! Am I correct in that understanding of the laws???
If so, that's seems pretty unfair, especially when working for a dealership that pretty much requires you to work overtime hours on a weekly basis....
Overtime Compensation for Hourly Mechanic Working at Dealership
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire