My question involves a driver's license issued by the State of Maine.
I was pulled over for an expired State inspection sticker. I had paperwork to prove I had just been ticketed for the sticker within the last week of that date. He ticketed me instead for lack of insurance paperwork, which I didn't have on me, but I did have at home. I sent in my ticket to contest it too late by about a week and my insurance paperwork was returned to me with a letter stating I need to file a "motion to strike the judgment to attempt to reopen the violation."
The letter they sent me telling me how to file a motion is confusing and I'm not sure how to go about actually filing the motion. If someone could point me in the right direction, that would be great.
Also, 2 days after receiving the first letter about filing the motion, I received a letter stating that my license is to be suspended, and I have to pay a reinstatement fee, and the ticket cost, or my license will be no good by next month.
If I file the motion, and the judgement is reopened and then my contest to the ticket is won, will I still have to reinstate my license/pay the ticket? I'm seriously beyond confused. Any ideas?
I was pulled over for an expired State inspection sticker. I had paperwork to prove I had just been ticketed for the sticker within the last week of that date. He ticketed me instead for lack of insurance paperwork, which I didn't have on me, but I did have at home. I sent in my ticket to contest it too late by about a week and my insurance paperwork was returned to me with a letter stating I need to file a "motion to strike the judgment to attempt to reopen the violation."
The letter they sent me telling me how to file a motion is confusing and I'm not sure how to go about actually filing the motion. If someone could point me in the right direction, that would be great.
Also, 2 days after receiving the first letter about filing the motion, I received a letter stating that my license is to be suspended, and I have to pay a reinstatement fee, and the ticket cost, or my license will be no good by next month.
If I file the motion, and the judgement is reopened and then my contest to the ticket is won, will I still have to reinstate my license/pay the ticket? I'm seriously beyond confused. Any ideas?
Driver's License Issues: Confusion on Reinstatement, Filing a Motion. Urgent Time Sensative
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire