jeudi 16 août 2018

Compensation and Overtime: Quick Hourly Question (California)

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: California

I have a job i was hired at that is salary. My boss wants me on call 24hrs a day and to let him know when I go to sleep. I work beyond 8hrs a day but he says I am salary so am I not entitled to overtime for working more than 40hrs a week?

Is there some sort of law that you can link that I can read if he is incorrect? I believe that I am putting in 12hr days but only making my base salary while my girlfriend is on salary at her job as salary exempt and when she goes over 40hrs a week she gets OT straight time which is outside of her base salary.

What should I tell my boss if he is wrong about his expectations of my "free labor" past 40hrs a week if this is the case?


Compensation and Overtime: Quick Hourly Question (California)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire