My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: South Carolina
I recently wanted to test drive a motorcycle at a dealership. They stated I would have to acquire insurance, and do preliminary contract for the bike in order to do so for liability, and that the contract would not be processed until I took possession. I test drove the bike at around 5:30 pm, liked it, and said I would be back the next day. In the morning, at 9am when they opened I returned and said I was not going to be able to get the bike. They said the paperwork had already been processed and that there was nothing they could do...I owned the bike. I spoke with DMV shortly thereafter and they said nothing was on their system. I spoke with the lending agent and they said the loan had not been processed and that the selling agent would have to initiate a cancellation. I spoke with the selling agent and he said these things had been done and there was no way of reversing this sale.
My question is whether a sale of this kind, within this short a time, can actually be reversed or have I just made a rediculuous mistake?
I recently wanted to test drive a motorcycle at a dealership. They stated I would have to acquire insurance, and do preliminary contract for the bike in order to do so for liability, and that the contract would not be processed until I took possession. I test drove the bike at around 5:30 pm, liked it, and said I would be back the next day. In the morning, at 9am when they opened I returned and said I was not going to be able to get the bike. They said the paperwork had already been processed and that there was nothing they could do...I owned the bike. I spoke with DMV shortly thereafter and they said nothing was on their system. I spoke with the lending agent and they said the loan had not been processed and that the selling agent would have to initiate a cancellation. I spoke with the selling agent and he said these things had been done and there was no way of reversing this sale.
My question is whether a sale of this kind, within this short a time, can actually be reversed or have I just made a rediculuous mistake?
Auto Purchase
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire