My question involves court procedures for the state of: California
I sued a corporation in small claims as they did not want to pay out what I had initially asked for. They did not bother showing up to court and so I won a default judgement. The commissioner was upset about this. He said corporations generally always show up and that this is not just and that he expects an appeal. A judgement enforcement stayed was entered, 30 days went by, and the corporation has not appealed. So now I'm ready to collect. However I spoke with the court and they said that the corporation could still request an appeal, even after the 30 day deadline, and that the commissioner could accept it. Now, given what the commissioner said in court, I feel like when I go to collect, they may try to appeal at that point, even after the appeal deadline, and that this commissioner will grant it. What do I do?
Thanks in advance.
I sued a corporation in small claims as they did not want to pay out what I had initially asked for. They did not bother showing up to court and so I won a default judgement. The commissioner was upset about this. He said corporations generally always show up and that this is not just and that he expects an appeal. A judgement enforcement stayed was entered, 30 days went by, and the corporation has not appealed. So now I'm ready to collect. However I spoke with the court and they said that the corporation could still request an appeal, even after the 30 day deadline, and that the commissioner could accept it. Now, given what the commissioner said in court, I feel like when I go to collect, they may try to appeal at that point, even after the appeal deadline, and that this commissioner will grant it. What do I do?
Thanks in advance.
Appeal After 30 Day Deadline - How Do I Avoid This
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire