samedi 18 novembre 2017

Company Divesting and Sign-on Bonus Obligations

My question involves labor and employment law for the state of: Georgia. I joined a company 10 months ago. When I was hired, my employer compensated me with a sign-on bonus. The terms were that I would have to repay the bonus if I voluntarily resigned within those first 12 months. Last week, my company announced that it was divesting. Does this change the terms of my employment contract? It would be stupid not to look for another job because everyone here knows the company is going to be sold off piece by piece. It’s a matter of time before all current employees are fired. The catch is, I haven’t been at the company for an entire 12 months and the company is claiming I’m on the hook for paying back my sign-on bonus. Is it legal, or is there any way around either paying back a sign-on bonus, or waiting to be fired? This doesn’t seem right. Please advise!


Company Divesting and Sign-on Bonus Obligations

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire