lundi 18 septembre 2017

Traffic Lane Violations: CVC 21752d but Was Driving in Center Turn Lane

My question involves a traffic ticket from the state of: California

I was driving southbound down a 2-lane residential road that has a center turn lane (solid yellow lines with dashed yellow lines on inside). I swerved to avoid hitting the car driving in front of me making a sudden right turn and ended up briefly in the center turn lane. Officer on northbound lane sees me in center turn lane and cites me for 21752(d).

Since I did swerve into the center turn lane without making a turn, I am technically in the wrong, but the citation is not for that. My question is whether this is a valid citation considering that I was NOT driving on the left side of the roadway and I was NOT passing the car? I'm considering contesting by written declaration.

A secondary question is if I do a Trial by Written Declaration, would I still have the opportunity to avoid points through traffic school if the judge finds me guilty?

Thanks!!

Code:

ARTICLE 3. Overtaking and Passing [21750 - 21760]
21752. 
No vehicle shall be driven to the left side of the roadway under the following conditions:
(a) When approaching or upon the crest of a grade or a curve in the highway where the driver’s view is obstructed within such distance as to create a hazard in the event another vehicle might approach from the opposite direction.
(b) When the view is obstructed upon approaching within 100 feet of any bridge, viaduct, or tunnel.
(c) When approaching within 100 feet of or when traversing any railroad grade crossing.
(d) When approaching within 100 feet of or when traversing any intersection.



Traffic Lane Violations: CVC 21752d but Was Driving in Center Turn Lane

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire