lundi 18 septembre 2017

My Water Line Crosses Neighbors Property. Am I Required to Move It

My question involves a consumer law issue in the State of: Michigan
I purchased and rehabbed a 2 family home in Detroit, Michigan in 2002. Got water turned on by City of Detroit after they finally located the shut off in an unusual location in my back yard. Currently my neighbor is doing extensive work next door. In digging for a porch foundation in his backyard they damaged my water supply line which we now found out crosses his property. He would like me to relocate the water supply line so that it makes a direct line from the alley behind my house to my house and does not cross his property. This is possible, but would cost me $5 to $10 thousand. I do not know why my supply line crossed his property to begin with, but it has been like that for probably 95 years or more. There is no written easement that I know of. Can my neighbor or the city force me to relocate the line?


My Water Line Crosses Neighbors Property. Am I Required to Move It

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire