mardi 18 avril 2017

Retirement Benefits: How Long Does It Take to Make a Decision on an Offer to Settle

My case is at the ALJ level. That is, I appealed and waiting for a hearing which could take up to a year.

Last week I went into my local SS Office and offered a settlement. I offered to pay $3100 of the $5100 my mother received while she was alive. (I was the executor of the estate and they want me to pay her overpayments back, even though it was not her fault)

I signed a form, and provided a letter stating I am relocating to another part of the country, and wanted to offer a settlement.

The person behind the bullet proof glass said she needed someone higher up to approve it, since it is only 61% of the total amount. She could have approved 80%, but I really feel they should not get a dime from me.

Anyway, it has been 7 days since I went in. How long does this sort of thing take? I suspect they pigeon holed my request. Which may be against their better interest. When I move, I surely will make much less money than I did where I live now and that would show it being much harder to pay back.

Sigh*


Retirement Benefits: How Long Does It Take to Make a Decision on an Offer to Settle

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire