My question involves juvenile law in the State of: Mississippi.
I divorced in MS in May 2004, where the age of majority is 21 that I am required to pay child support. My ex-wife moved to GA in August 2005 and has lived there ever since. The age of majority in GA is age 18. My son wants to attend college in GA at age 18 and I am willing to pay, but not at the cost of continuing to pay his mom for 3 more years until he reaches MS's age of 21.
When residency changes, does the age of majority change for the children or must they emancipate themselves at 18 although they are legal residents of GA?
Thank you for any information you can provide. I have searched high and low for an example of such a case.
I divorced in MS in May 2004, where the age of majority is 21 that I am required to pay child support. My ex-wife moved to GA in August 2005 and has lived there ever since. The age of majority in GA is age 18. My son wants to attend college in GA at age 18 and I am willing to pay, but not at the cost of continuing to pay his mom for 3 more years until he reaches MS's age of 21.
When residency changes, does the age of majority change for the children or must they emancipate themselves at 18 although they are legal residents of GA?
Thank you for any information you can provide. I have searched high and low for an example of such a case.
Emancipation: Changing State Residency Affecting Age of Legal Majority
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire