I am raising one of my grandchildren. He is 3 years old and developmentally delayed. He is a lot of work. Anyway, I get SSDI and SSI payments for myself. And a child only TANf grant for him. Its a small amount of money, $332.00 a month I think. Someone told me that I should be able to get SSI benefits for him because I am getting SSDi and SSI and that it would probably be more than I get on the tanf grant for him.
Is that true? And how would I go about doing it? Is the amount of SSI I get based on family size? Even a small increase would help because my SSDI, SSI and his tanf combined are barely over $1000.00 a month. After bills every month I am lucky to keep us in toilet paper.
Is that true? And how would I go about doing it? Is the amount of SSI I get based on family size? Even a small increase would help because my SSDI, SSI and his tanf combined are barely over $1000.00 a month. After bills every month I am lucky to keep us in toilet paper.
Disability Benefits: Can I Get Benefits for SSI Benefits for My Grandchild Who Lives with Me
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire